Meet Dr. Calcagni
Dr. Christopher Calcagni, DPM, ABLES, ABPM
Foot and Ankle Surgeon
Double Board Certified
Selected to Naples Illustrated list of Top Doctors in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
With three generations of doctors before him, Dr. Christopher Calcagni was destined to be a doctor – and specifically a foot doctor in Naples, Florida. Being of Italian descent, his last name in Italian means "heel." His mother's maiden name is Naples. It was only natural that he chose to practice podiatry in Naples!
As a former high school and college athlete, Dr. Calcagni is passionate about sports medicine as it pertains to foot and ankle health. He was a standout football player in Ohio, and he went on to play for Oklahoma State University from 1999 to 2002.
After graduating from Oklahoma State, he returned to Ohio and graduated from Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine in 2006. Dr. Calcagni completed his residency training in 2009 at Western Reserve Care Systems, where he served as chief resident at one of the best three-year foot and ankle residency programs in Ohio. He has since been providing foot and ankle care to athletes of all ages.
Specializing in minimally invasive foot and ankle surgery, Dr. Calcagni has taken courses from the AO Institute, Wright Medical, and Arthrex. He also has special interests in wound care and diabetic limb salvage, with advanced training in hyperbaric medicine. In addition, Dr. Calcagni has a strong personal and professional interest in nutrition and often advises his patients how to incorporate healthy eating and supplements into their lives.
Dr. Calcagni’s hobbies include biking, yoga, personal training, traveling, and most of all, spending time with his wife and family.
Education and Training:
- Board Certified by the American Board of Lower Extremity Surgery (ABLES)
- Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM)
- Foot and Ankle Residency: Western Reserve Care Systems, Youngstown, Ohio (2006-2009)
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) – Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine, Independence, Ohio (2002-2006)
- Undergraduate Degree: BS in Education – Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma (1999-2002)
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association
- Selected to Naples Illustrated 's list of Top Doctors 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021